My sweetheart Matilda says the most adorable things – “Mom, you don’t have any babies anymore, but we’ll always be your children”. She almost had me in tears with that comment; where did the time go?
But thinking about it some more, I do actually love that my babies are growing up. Life is so much easier these days, even though they’re only going on 5 and 3.
- I don’t have to guess what they want or where it hurts if at all, they’ll actually tell me.
- We can leave the house without the stroller, that used to be unthinkable only a couple of weeks ago.
- We can actually walk on the sidewalk, holding hands, and it doesn’t take us 2 hours to get to the park.
- I don’t have to bring a bag packed to the gills with diapers, baby bottles and wipes anymore. Instead we just need to make sure that we’re in the vicinity of restrooms and that we just bring a change of clothes for Henrik. Don’t think it will be all that long before we won’t need that either.
- They can both play pretty independently in the park without hurting themselves or trying to eat foreign objects at all times.
- They help each other out so I have actually been known to sit down at the playground every once in a while. Amazing! 😉
Yes, life’s getting a lot easier and the ironic thing is that they are both cuddlier now than when they were babies. They’ll tell me multiple times a day that they love me and they give me hugs and kisses. This is the best!
Here are some pictures from our 37th week of 2013. Don’t you love it when you get out in nature and the first thing your kids say is “Where’s the playground, mom?”. 2 minutes later they’re having a blast… 🙂